Parking & Directions
The Children’s Discovery Museum is located at 101 E Beaufort Street, in the heart of Uptown Normal. There are hundreds of Parking Spaces within walking distance of the Children’s Discovery Museum.
The best place to park is in one of the close by parking decks.
- Parking Decks (Free for the first hour, $1/hour thereafter)
- Uptown Station Deck: 123 W Beaufort Street
- College Avenue Deck: 101 W Mulberry Street
- Three-hour Parking (FREE)
- Parkinson Street Parking Lot: 140 Parkinson Street
ALERT: Road Closure and Traffic Pattern Change
As a part of the One Uptown Circle construction project, which will bring a new restaurant, office space and high end apartments to Uptown Normal, the following changes will be made to the traffic pattern between Uptown Circle and Broadway Street.
- North Street from the Uptown Circle to Broadway Street will be one-way west bound traffic.
- W. Beaufort Street from Broadway to the Uptown Circle will be one-way east bound.
- The west portion of the Uptown Circle from North Street to W. Beaufort Street will be closed to traffic.
From the North and West
- Exit Interstate 55 at Exit 165A Main St./ BUS US-51 S Travel south on Main Street/BUS US-51 S for approximately 1.7 miles Turn left (east) on College Avenue Turn right at Constitution Boulevard.
- When you get to the roundabout take the 2nd right (Beaufort St) Turn left into the Uptown Station Parking Deck This is the most convenient place for you to park to visit the Museum. (Parking rates apply Monday-Saturday. $1 per hour with the first hour being free.) It is free to park after 6pm and on Sundays.
- Once parked, travel on foot the short distance from the parking deck to the Museum.
From the East and South
- Take Interstate 74 to Interstate 55 North.
- Exit Interstate 55 at Exit 165A N Main St/BUS US-51 S Follow the directions as written above, beginning with No. 2.
Field Trip Buses
Due to construction sites near the museum, there are some slight changes to the way in which buses will reach the drop off area. Please remember that buses are NOT to drop children off in the circle. Please see map below for more details. Call Clare at (309) 433-3455 with questions.