Schools & Groups
Group Admission Rate
Bring your group to the Children's Discovery Museum to explore all three floors of exhibits at your own pace. On arrival, every group receives a brief orientation by a Museum staff person.
**All group trips MUST be reserved at least two week prior to their visit.
**Memberships not valid for group trip admission.
**For every five children, one adult must be present.
**A minimum of 15 paid admissions is required to receive the group rate.
- Parks and Rec programs
- Daycare (non-profit, in-home and for-profit)
- Home school groups
- Summer camps and youth programs
- Scout groups
- Family reunion groups
- YMCA, YWCA etc.
- Group trips can visit on Tuesdays or Wednesdays
- Trips must occur between 9am and 2pm
- Trips may not last longer than 2 hours
- The museum can only accommodate groups up to 150 participants, if your group is larger than 150 we recommend planning on attending on more than one day.
- Youth rate: $5
- Adult chaperones: $5
- Children under two: free
Learning Lab/Museum Exploration Combo
You may add a facilitated Learning Lab in addition to your self-guided field trip for just $3 per student. Learning labs offer your group an in-depth, hands-on program led by a museum educator based on museum exhibits and other exciting topics.
Labs have class size limit. Classes with more than our classroom can allow need to break up into multiple labs.
Have a special request or interest in a different topic? Give us a call and we will do our best to meet your needs. Call 309-433-3450 for more information. All pricing subject to change.
Sign up to be notified of news, events and special offers for educators. Choose “CDM Educators."
Field Trip Scholarship Form (PDF)