- About Us
The mission of the Children’s Discovery Museum is to inspire the love of learning through the power of play. Our mission is accomplished by providing hands-on exhibits, classes, and programs that actively engage the visitor in experiences that stimulate imagination, curiosity, and wonder.
The Children’s Discovery Museum’s values:
- A safe, fun, inclusive and engaging environment.
- Variety of learning experiences that address all learning styles.
- Flexibility of thought, and adaptability of behaviors, to allow for meeting individual needs and wishes.
- A powerful play experience, and a passionate staff, to assist in the development of the whole child surrounded by healthy relationships, healthy families and a healthy community.
And there’s more to the Museum than just exhibits. Search through this website to learn about birthday parties, field trips, educational programming, and more.
As a member institute of the Association of Children’s Museums and the Association of Science and Technology Centers, the CDM strives to provide a high quality education experience whether you’re visiting our exhibits or participating in our formal educational programs. We offer:
- Professional Museum Staff and Play Facilitators
- Educators with decades of training and classroom experience
- Inquiry-based learning and participatory science education
Get information about upcoming events, programs and more!
Learn about the rich history of the Children's Discovery Museum.
In November 2005, the Children’s Discovery Museum achieved a Silver rating from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
Inspired Giving gifts are unrestricted and allow the Museum to identify where the gift is most needed and will have the most impact for the future of the Museum and the community we serve.
Join us at one of the many fun events hosted by the Foundation Board to benefit the museum! Proceeds help to support the Children’s Discovery Museum’s mission to inspire the love of learning through the power of play.
The Children’s Museum Foundation Board exists to support the mission and vision of the Children’s Discovery Museum, to raise funds to help underwrite the expenses of Museum exhibits and programs, and to advocate on behalf of the museum to the community at large.